[s390] libc.so.6 reloction errors

When running a custom built image (with old version of busybox), I get the
following errors during partman:

md-devices: mdadm: relocation error: mdadm: symbol nftw64, version
  GLIBC_2.3.3 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference
md-devices: mdadm: relocation error: mdadm: symbol nftw64, version
  GLIBC_2.3.3 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference
partman: pvscan: relocation error: pvscan: symbol alphasort64, version
  GLIBC_2.2 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference
partman: vgscan: relocation error: vgscan: symbol alphasort64, version
  GLIBC_2.2 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference
partman-lvm: vgchange: relocation error: vgchange: symbol alphasort64,
  version GLIBC_2.2 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference
main-menu[539]: (process:2330): parted_server: relocation error:
  parted_server: symbol freopen, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file
  libc.so.6 with link time reference

Does this mean libc6-udeb is broken on s390?
The log shows that the full libc6-udeb was loaded during anna.

I see mdadm has had a recent binNMU on a few arches, but lvm2 has not. And
partman itself was built only very recently.

Does anybody know what's going on here?

Cheers,
FJP