Re: please let dhcp3 into testing

Christian Perrier wrote:
Quoting Luk Claes (luk@debian.org):
Cyril Brulebois wrote:
Andrew Pollock <apollock@debian.org> (18/07/2009):
I didn't realise that udeb-generating packages were still frozen. Is that
necessary? Could you please let 3.1.2p1-1 into testing. It has a security
fix for CVE-2009-0692
You're supposed to mail -boot as well… (Doing so, adjusting subject.)

And yes, udeb-generating are always frozen.
For the moment, it's supposed to change in the future though.

Andrew's suggestion in his blog is interesting, though:

"I think if debian-boot is going to mandate this freeze for
udeb-generating packages, then someone on debian-boot should be
getting a report every day of udeb-generating packages that are due to
enter testing in the next 24-48 hours, so they can be proactively
vetted and their entry into testing not delayed unnecessarily. It
shouldn't have to fall on me as the package maintainer to have to
notice."

That seems feasible and sustainable, isn't it?

There is a webpage [1] tracking it, maybe it should just be used more?

Cheers

Luk

[1] http://people.debian.org/~joeyh/d-i/testing-summary.html