Debian-installer snapshot problem while trying to install lenny

Hi,

I'm having trouble installing Debian Lenny using a businesscard d-i CD
snapshot for i386 architecture, retrieved on july 12, 2009 (MD5
d340d8f00012840febcfdc32c3528390) from
http://www.fr.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/.

(Here ends the gory details, thanks for your attention)

Now for the funny part. Here is how I proceeded:
- Chosen expert install in the boot menu
- Proceeded to install, debian mirror ftp://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian
- Partitionning hard drive : I chose "assisted partitionning" (i'm
using the french translation, so sorry if titles do not exactly match)
- Whole disk using LVM (it's a virtualbox VM)
- /usr /var /home on separate partitions
When trying to mke2fs on /home, it fails. The log says :
"mke2fs [blah]
/dev/mapper/debian-home is apparently in use by the system; will not
make a filesystem here"

Tried replacing ext3 with ReiserFS, same problem, with a slightly more
useful error message :
"reiserfs_create: could not open /dev/mapper/debian-home : Device or
resource busy"

Attached a tar.gz of the install/ log directory, if that can help.

Please CC: to me for replies as i'm not on the list.

Thanks for the great work anyway.

Benoit Dubertret <benoit.dub@free.fr>