Re: Size numbers for the console-setup-enabled version of D-I

Quoting Samuel Thibault (sthibault@debian.org):
> Christian Perrier, le Wed 08 Jul 2009 21:42:13 +0200, a écrit :
> > initrd size : +328Kb
> > memory      : -136Kb!!
> >

> > Odd, isn't it?
>
> Strings were not compressed in memory with kbd-chooser, were they?

Just like other debconf templates, I don't think they were. I have a
small doubt, though.

However, your explanation is probably right. Given the potential huge
impact on memory, compression was introduced in 1.37.

So, having the strings compressed is likely to be what
is giving us this memory gain.

Of course, that solves out the memory requirements but not the initrd
size impact....