using latest d-i 20090123lenny3 to install Etch

Hello,

I just upgraded my PXE environment with 4.0r8 netinst iso and upped
installer to 20090123lenny3.
My setup uses original netinst iso as a source to do minimal
installation and try to avoid accessing Internet while doing PXE
installation.

The first problem was that 4.0r8 netinst iso does NOT have a symlink
for "oldstable" pointing to "etch", is this a bug or feature?
The installer seems to be looking for "oldstable" even since I use
===
d-i mirror/suite string etch
d-i mirror/udeb/suite string etch
===
I was able to workaround that with some simple mod_rewrite rule with
apache which I use to provide mounted netinst iso over LAN.

Second issue that I'm facing now is that 4.0r8 has 2.6.26-1 under
"linux-kernel(modules)-di-i386-2.6" and it looks like 20090123lenny3
uses 2.6.26-2 and it uses 2.6.26-2 since 20090123lenny1 (as far as I
can tell).

Can someone familiar maybe reply back saying if 2.6.26-2 modules are
going to be included in 4.0r9 if it's going to be released at all.

Thank you for your time,