Re: ext4 support

On Fri, Jan 09, 2009 at 10:54:36AM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 08, 2009 at 09:00:41PM -0200, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> > Parted has the detection code support in master branch. I could take
> > a look and port it to stable. That way we could have it as upstream
> > and avoid diverting from it.
>
> The patch committed upstream is strictly inferior to the last one I
> posted to the upstream bug, as far as I can tell.

IOW, I've posted to the upstream list suggesting that we merge my patch
there, rather than the other way round. As I posted to the Trac ticket:

  rishi and I took fairly similar approaches, though the arguments I
  used to _ext2_generic_probe differ. The main additions in my patch are
  that I've fleshed out the superblock with reference to current ext4,
  I've added (untested) 64-bit block counts support, and that I've added
  some guards to make sure that bits of libparted that haven't been
  updated for ext4 throw an exception to avoid people inadvertently
  trashing their filesystems.

--
Colin Watson                                       [cjwatson@ubuntu.com]