Re: r57102 - in trunk/packages/oldsys-preseed: . debian

On Tuesday 06 January 2009, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Tuesday 06 January 2009, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> > Author: tbm
> > Date: Tue Jan  6 17:26:29 2009
> > New Revision: 57102
> >
> > Log:
> > Don't preseed the hostname and domain name with default values
> > because the information from DHCP no longer takes precedence.
>
> I don't understand this. AFAICT neither the behavior of dhcp nor that
> of netcfg has changed in any way in the recent past.

I have just tested this by booting (i386) with
   hostname=test domain=aaa.nl
and the values that end up in /etc{hostname,hosts,resolv.conf} are still
those provided by the DHCP server, not the preseeded values.

IMO your change is either incorrect or else done for the wrong reasons and
making that change so shortly before the release seems inadvisable.