Sparc d-i terminal weirdness?

Hi there,

I just built a netboot image from lenny using the source from these packages:

linux-2.6_2.6.26-5.dsc
debian-installer_20080522.dsc
linux-kernel-di-sparc-2.6_1.37.dsc

and kernel-wedge version 2.52.

I retrieved my kernel config from here:
http://merkel.debian.org/~jurij/2.6.26-8/sparc/config-2.6.26-1-sparc64-smp.gz

My only differences being I added in lines:

CONFIG_SUN_LDOMS=y
CONFIG_SUNVDC=m
CONFIG_SUNVNET=m

Anyways, the image builds fine and boots.  The problem being, I get to
the debian-installer menu, and at the point where I need to choose the
language, the keypresses don't hit the installer.  If I boot with
BOOT_DEBUG=3, every time I get a shell, all the keys work (i.e., I can
go into nano and the arrow keys, tab, and enter work fine).  But when
I go into the installer, enter just moves down a line, the arrow keys
produce their familiar A, B, control chars, and tab literally prints a
tab.

Does anyone know where I went wrong here?  I don't know if its a bug,
or something I've done wrong.  I've built the installer twice now
using different kernel build methods (kpkg vs fakeroot debian/rules
binary).  I've also built other images in the past that do not have
this problem.  Would really appreciate some help, as I'm tearing my
hair out here...

Thanks,
Mike.