preseeding partitioning with lvm (lenny beta2)

Hi,

I've got a problem preseeding the partitioning for a debian installation.

I've got 2 existing partitions that i want to keep and about 130gb
free space that i want to partition using partman-auto/expert_recipe to have
 - one primary "/boot" partition and
 - the rest in a logical partition. the logical partition should be used as pv
   for a LVM volume group. inside that vg i want logical volumes for
   - "/" root (10gb)
   - swap (4096mb)
   - "/home" (30gb)
   - freespace (to be used later)

since the partman-auto doesn't like to leave space unused i added
a logical volume at the end to use up the free space.

I am using this recipie:

d-i partman-auto/expert_recipe string                         \
      boot-lvm-root-home-spare ::                             \
              512 512 512 ext3                                \
                      $primary{ } $bootable{ }                \
                      method{ format } format{ }              \
                      use_filesystem{ } filesystem{ ext3 }    \
                      mountpoint{ /boot }                     \
              .                                               \
              100 1000000 1000000000 ext3                     \
                      $primary{ }                             \
                      method{ lvm }                           \
                      use_filesystem{ }                       \
                      format{ }                               \
                      vg_name{ vg00 }                         \
              .                                               \
              4096 4096 4096 linux-swap                       \
                      lvm_ok{ }                               \
                      in_vg{ vg00 }                           \
                      lv_name{ swap }                         \
                      method{ swap } format{ }                \
              .                                               \
              10000 10000 10000 ext3                          \
                      lvm_ok{ }                               \
                      in_vg{ vg00 }                           \
                      lv_name{ root }                         \
                      method{ format } format{ }              \
                      label{ root }                           \
                      use_filesystem{ } filesystem{ ext3 }    \
                      mountpoint{ / }                         \
              .                                               \
              30000 30000 30000 ext3                          \
                      lvm_ok{ }                               \
                      in_vg{ vg00 }                           \
                      lv_name{ home }                         \
                      method{ format } format{ }              \
                      label{ home }                           \
                      use_filesystem{ } filesystem{ ext3 }    \
                      mountpoint{ /home }                     \
              .                                               \
              100 10000 10000000 ext3                         \
                      lvm_ok{ }                               \
                      in_vg{ vg00 }                           \
                      lv_name{ removeme }                     \
                      method{ keep }                          \
              .

somehow the partitioner doesn't place those four partitions
_inside_ the lvm but _alongside_ it ...

So I end up with three primary partitions (the two that i want
to keep and the 512mb "/boot" partition.) and five logical partitions.

#1 primary 106.9 MB     fat16
#2 primary  21.0 GB     ntfs
#3 primary 510.0 MB B f ext3 /boot
#5 logical  94.2 GB   f lvm
#6 logical   4.1 GB   f swap   swap
#7 logical  10.0 GB   f ext3   /
#8 logical  30.0 GB   f ext3   /home
#9 logical 106.9 MB   K

any clue that kind of voodoo I need to make the partman-auto _use_
the volume group it creates ?

can I use two recipies? one to create /boot an the vg and one to
populate the vg ?

Here are the other partman related settings that come before the recipie:

d-i partman-auto/init_automatically_partition \
      select Guided - use the largest continuous free space

d-i partman-auto/method string lvm

d-i partman-lvm/device_remove_lvm boolean true

d-i partman-lvm/confirm boolean true

d-i partman-auto/choose_recipe      select boot-lvm-root-home-spare

d-i partman-basicmethods/method_only boolean false

Background: I've got 10 Dell systems here that come with a
100mb vfat partition and 160gb ntfs. I've got no problem booting
those systems once with a gparded live-cd to shrink the ntfs
down to 20gb. a solution that would shrink the ntfs partition
in one go would be nice but i guess the installer doesn't contain
ntfsresize so I can do with those two reboots.

Currently i use a usb stick for booting the installer and also
for the preseed.cfg

cheers
-henrik