Re: [RFR] D-I Manual: new section on how to load firmware during installs

Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> writes:

> - http://people.debian.org/~fjp/tmp/d-i/manual/ch06s04.html

You discuss both the tarball and the package method clearly.  The
first is simpler, I guess that's why it's mentioned first and is
preferred.  But the second is cleaner on the installed system, thus
the work of selecting the relevant firmware package can't be avoided
anyway. I'm also not sure whether dpkg would silently overwrite the
copied firmware files if a firmware package is installed later.

These together make me think reversing the (implied) priorities would
be better.
--
Regards,
Feri.