Late changes to localechooser

I have just committed a batch of changes to localechooser, most of which
had already been sitting in my local tree for some time.

Reason I wanted them included in Lenny is because some of the changes fix
various regressions when compared to Etch for languages that include a
country part in the language (such as zh_TW). These regressions were
introduced with the switch to use Choices-C for language selection.

I have already tested them fairly extensively, but will do some more
testing over the next few days.

I have more changes pending (mostly related to supporting separate
preseeding of language, country and locale), but I'll hold those until
after Lenny. Partly because they are more invasive and need some more
thought/testing and also because they'll need to be rebased on top of the
just committed changes.

Cheers,
FJP