Re: [RFC] Add support for shells in the graphical installer

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 11:04:16PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> > > Davide, is there any special things that we should know about Chinese
> > > in DejaVu-Mono?
> >
> > Dejavu* do not contain any glyph falling in the Chinee range, so I
> > guess they're taken out of the ttf-cjk-compact-udeb (which I guess is
> > not monospaced)
> […]
> IMO this is not a major issue and improving it is not a priority. If there
> are simple tricks (such as antialiasing) that can improve things at low
> cost, then fine. If not, to bad.

I have made some tests, and specifiying an aliasing option while
specifying use of the "monospace" font does not change Chinese
rendering.

Antialiasing must be defined inside the fallback mechanism used by Pango
to render the fonts.  This is a little bit out of my knowledge, here. :)

Cheers,
--
Jérémy Bobbio