Re: r53100 - in trunk/installer: build/boot/x86 build/config build/config/i386/floppy build/util debian

On Tuesday 06 May 2008, Joey Hess wrote:
> Author: joeyh
> Date: Tue May  6 06:56:54 2008
> New Revision: 53100
>
> Log:
> merge my vesamenu branch (from my git repo)
>
>   * Use syslinux's vesamenu for all x86 images except the boot floppy.
>   * Split up syslinux config files.

When I boot a locally built regular mini.iso (i386), I don't get a menu at
all. Instead it just boots, but fails with:
VFS: Cannot open root device "<NULL>" or unknown-block(9,0)

If I loop mount the mini.iso, I only get:
$ ls /cdrom/
boot.cat          f4.txt            f9.txt            linux
f10.txt           f5.txt            g2ldr             setup.exe
f1.txt            f6.txt            g2ldr.mbr         splash.png
f2.txt            f7.txt            initrd.gz         vesamenu.c32
f3.txt            f8.txt            isolinux.bin      win32-loader.ini

Seems to be missing all actual configuration/menu files?

Cheers,
FJP