Re: [RFR] Errata update for Beta2

Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> writes:

> On Sunday 04 May 2008, Christian Perrier wrote:
>> Quoting Otavio Salvador (otavio@debian.org):
>> > Here goes the proposed errata update for Beta2 release. Please take a
>> > look and see if you have any suggestion/addition/change for it.
>
> IMO it's maybe a bit early for this. There may be more changes and I'd
> personally rather do one larger review than loads of small ones.

I understand your POV however is rather difficult to do that at the
end of the release cycle to me. I do prefer to do it during the
process.

>> >  <dl class="gloss">
>> > +       <dt>No i386 floppy installation method available</dt>
>
> This should be:
> i386: No floppy installation method available
>
> And it should be listed as the first of the architecture-specific issues,
> not at the top of the list.
>
>> > +       <dd>
>> > +       The 2.6.24 kernel doesn't fit and we've disabled the floppy
>> > images for
>>
>> s/does not fit/is too big to fit on a floppy
>>
>> > +       beta 2 release. This will be enabled back for Release Candidate
>> > 1, that +       will be based at 2.6.25 kernel.
>>
>> s/be based at/use the
>
> Better to just say:
> "We expect to be able to enable floppy images again for the next release."
>
> Reasons: maybe we'll do a beta3 and maybe the next release will not be based
> on .25; you never know...

Ack. I've made those changes locally (and also used Christian
suggestions too) and will make it available in another mail for review.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116