Re: Install of debian-4.0r2 on NSLU2

On Dec 29, 2007, at 12:50 AM, Del Merritt wrote:

Earlier tonight I filed an install of debian-4.0r2 on a Linksys NSLU2 bug report to submit@bugs.debian.org; in a nutshell, if you don't happen to be in front of your ssh session when the 2+ hour install gets to the "Configuring popularity-contest" prompt - which requires human intervention - the ssh session can timeout on the slug. When you come back (and ssh to the slug) you get told there was an error when selecting and configuring the software, and you can't seem to get around it.

Is this a proper place to ask for workarounds, or is it better to wait for the bug report to "settle in"? If this is the place, what is the best way to figure out how to pick up in media res and successfully finish the install?

Thanks and Happy New Year,
-Del

I don't know if this will do what you're looking for, but you might try setting the "ServerAliveInterval" to a small non-zero value in your ~/.ssh/config file.

Rick