Re: Issues building the g-i on PowerPC

On Friday 16 November 2007, Attilio Fiandrotti wrote:
> Frans Pop wrote:
> > On Friday 16 November 2007, Attilio Fiandrotti wrote:
> >> 1) When i make the build_powerpc_netboot-gtk target (other targets
> >> untested), i get the following error by mklibs
> >
> > That looks like it could be #433874, but that is supposed to be
> > solved...
> >
> > The only thing that can tell exactly what happens is the full output of
> > mklibs with three times the '-v' option ("-v -v -v").
>
> A full gzipped log (900KB) can be found here [1].

That log does _not_ contain the additional mklibs debugging output.
You need to add the additional -v options in the Makefile.

> >> 2) I have rebuilt some udebs (gtk+, cairo, pango, cdebconf) against
> >> dfb 1.0
> >
> > Change $debug=0 to 1 in installer/build/util/pkg-list to see what's
> > pulling it in.
>
> done, but didn't work, so excluded manually the udeb from list of those
> used for building the image

It was not supposed to _fix_ the issue, but to _show why/how_ the old udeb
is getting pulled in.
Please do not work around this, but check the debugging output with that
option enabled!

> >> 3) At the end of the building process i get this error
> but still i'm getting the same error, pherhaps because it's related to
> chrp and not prep ?

OK. In that case I cannot help with this. You could try asking Colin Watson.
My commits to disable prep were still correct though.