Re: [RFC] Loading of IDE modules by hw-detect

Frans Pop wrote:
> The patch may well introduce regressions, probably mainly in arches other
> than i386/amd64.

The most likely regression looks to be ide-floppy, which AFAICS is not
autoloadable by udev. Richard Hirst at one point had ia64 hardware that
used ide-floppy (see #215455). Rather than going to all the pain to test
that, I'd just modify get_floppy_info to call or include
get_ide_floppy_info.

For bonus points, move the floppy module loading code into mountfloppy,
which doesn't use hw-detect anyway, and already has to modprobe floppy.

> +if db_get hw-detect/load-ide && [ "$RET" = true ]; then

This template should be added to the templates file. However, I hope
this option would be removed sooner or later, since noone should need it.

--
see shy jo