Re: Porting D-I to the Hurd

On Mon, Aug 27, 2007 at 11:10:19AM +0530, Vikram Vincent wrote:
> A new installer for the Hurd called the LX1 was created by a group from the
> University of Calicut, Kerala, India and we would like to now work on getting
> D-I to work for the Hurd. [...]
> Any pointers will be useful. Thanks in advance.

You can browse through the debian-installer wiki [1].  Frans' paper
describing the innerworkings of d-i is also quite insightful [2].

In any case, look at the source code.  Most of it is written in shell
scripts and the rest is in C and is quite accessible.

You can also join the IRC channel [3] if you need any help. :)

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller
[2] http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/doc/talks/debconf6/paper/
[3] #debian-boot @ irc.debian.org

Cheers,
--
Jérémy Bobbio                        .''`.
lunar@debian.org                    : :Ⓐ  :  # apt-get install anarchism