Re: gtk d-i : using size instead of "shape" to differentiate text

Eduardo Silva wrote:
--- Attilio Fiandrotti <attilio.fiandrotti@gmail.com>
wrote:

Eduardo Silva wrote:
[cut]

Yes :) I think that the creator of the current

look,

Andre Ferreira, may be wanting to do that as well,

but

I think the more icons done, the better :)

I guess you're talking about these icons, right?

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianDesktopArtwork/DebianInstallerEtch

Cheers

Attilio

Yes, those are the ones. Only later did I read the
text better and understood that they are icons from
pre-existing themes.
Oh, and attilio, my laptop went bust (doesn't power
up), I'm still in the limbo I've been for some time,
and I can't really promisse of being able to make the
icons before etch releases. But if I was able, this is what I would do:

I would get the svg sources
(http://www.geocities.com/jobezone/icones_1.svg.tar.gz)
for the icons I did (
http://www.geocities.com/jobezone/note_1.png
and
http://www.geocities.com/jobezone/warning_1.png
)
and make them more simillar with http://www.geocities.com/jobezone/note_look.png and http://www.geocities.com/jobezone/warning_look.png
.

The main change would be having a white border instead
of black, inverting the colors (like in these two
links) and making a better triangle with rounded
corners for the warning icon.

Then, to give that final glassy look (web 2.0 kinda
look) to go with the banner look, I would make it
slightly shinny like in the image I'm sending to you
(of a job I've done some time ago), but with less
shininess.
The trick would be to create a shape in inkscape on
top of the icon, and make it white and with some
transparency. The kind of shape you make ends up
defining the roundiness of the icon, so I wouldn't put
such a big one like in the attatched icon.

I guess you are probably busy as hell to do this now,
but maybe you know someone who could?

To be honest, i' haven't any of the skills needed to do what you proposed :(
I really hoped you could spend some time, before Etch is released, on the icons you originally drew, but as it looks like this is not possible i'm for leaving them as they are or switching to those by