Re: Debian Installer - Call for testing *this week*

On Saturday 21 October 2006 04:34, Keith Parkansky wrote:
> I downloaded the i386 CD#1 build image
> today and just tried using it to install
> and am still having the same bug # 387767
> problems.

Thanks for trying again.

I have reassigned that report to the kernel team, but I guess they have
not followed up on it.
The kernel team, as a lot of teams in Debian, is short on manpower, so you
may want to raise the issue yourself with the upstream kernel people.
If not, please follow up to 387767@bugs.debian.org if you have additional
information.

The only thing I can suggest if you want to install Debian in the mean
time is to use an installation method that does not use the CD drive. The
installation guide [1] has information on what installation methods are
available.

You could also wait until we have switched the installer to use the 2.6.18
kernel. It may be the issue is already fixed in that. That will take
another couple of weeks though.

Cheers,
FJP

[1] http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/