Re: Dictionaries-common prompts users FIVE times during a default French desktop install

On Thursday 05 October 2006 16:29, Agustin Martin wrote:
> But of course there is no such rationale if you are at the first
> installation along with dictionaries-common and your system is not
> broken.

I've been meaning to provide more information (like logs from package
installation) on this and a specific, reproducible test case, but have
not found the time to do so.
I'll try to do this and will send you the info when I do.

Have you tried doing an installation yourself and seeing what happens?

> a) Does the problem you describe happens with wordlists too?

_I_ have not seen it there, but that is probably because for en installs
_only_ the US wordlist is installed and not the GB one.

> b) Is localization-config in use or not?

No, it is not. As I've said before l-c is currently _not used_ during
installations _at all_, not for dictionaries, not for anything else.

> c) Does debian-installer still use debian-installer/{language,country}?

Yes. And values for both are copied to the target system.
debian-installer/language: en
debian-installer/country: US