Re: d-i beta3, raid, loop-aes and lvm

On Tue, October 3, 2006 15:16, Philipp Engel said:
> Create a raid-device, then, create a loop-aes loopback-device on top
> of that.
> And finally, use LVM on top of that to create some logical volumes.
> Is that a bug, or is it just not possible?

If memory serves me right, the loop-AES utils do not have support (yet)
for automatically setting up the LVM volume after the encrypted module has
been setup. In addition the loop-AES tools lack the initramfs integration
to do the work (in the initramfs) for setting up the root partition.

Therefore, lvm and/or root on LVM is disabled in partman-crypto since
you'd be left with an unbootable system.

For now, your alternatives are to use dm-crypt or to implement the missing
pieces in the loop-AES packages.

--
David Härdeman