Re: Many comments to Beta 3

On 27/08/06, Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> wrote:
Eddy Petrişor wrote:
> Indeed, this was discussed many times, but I think the main stopper is
> their real meaning (which in turn is 0 information for a newbie user).
>
> I would suggest:
> businesscard -> keychain
> netinst remains this way or -> minidisc

The businesscard CD is targeted at the CD images that are the size
and shape of a business card. Due to only having a usable small circular area
in the center, these are limited to something less than 100 mb of data.

I *think* I have seen only onc such a CD, and I have seen more often
minicd-s (about 200MB). Does this hold true for others, too?

And netinst is targeted at installation from the net, as opposed to
installing from businesscard, for the former?

The current naming scheme is inconsistent, IMHO, that's why I think it
would be good to improve this. My proposal(with minidisc) would make
this possible by allowing to say the name is related to the size of
the medium on which the image could be written to.

Or, what if we make some "ghost" images which are in fact symlinks to
current buiunesscard images and are named keychain (or usbstick, or
whatever is better)?

--
Regards,
EddyP