Re: Proposed small fix to translations_po.txt

On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 at 10:50:20AM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Thursday 10 August 2006 10:30, Tapio Lehtonen wrote:
> > --- translations_po.txt-2006-08-09	2006-08-10 11:22:01.877429663 +0300
> > +++ translations_po.txt	2006-08-10 11:24:40.083849268 +0300
>
> Adding the language code to debian/langlist is not needed to run these
> scripts, nor for building the manual using buildone.sh. I prefer keeping
> control over debian/langlist myself as it determines which languages are
> built for a release.

The language code in debian/langlist is needed if user is going to run
buildone.sh. If the code was missing when running the scripts,
buildone.sh reports missing language or some such error. I don't mean
to check the changed file in, just edit the local copy to get the
scripts to generate the necessary language files. I got only 22%
complete finnish translation, so I am not going to want you to build
finnish for ages yet.

The build requirements may well be available in some other document,
but it is frustrating to read a seemingly step-by-step guide for doing
something, and then discover when following the instructions to the
point that some steps are left out. I got the buildone.sh running
after doing those two additional things.

But it is OK for me to leave them out. After all, I already found out
they are needed and don't need that info anymore. If others stumble
upon the same problem, let them do their own work. :-)

--
Tapio Lehtonen
tapio.lehtonen@iki.fi