Re: D-i Beta or daily build

On Monday 24 July 2006 08:22, you wrote:
> I want to setup a machine from scratch (Compaq Proliant ML530 with
> fibre network adapter) and I wonder, whether I should use
>
> http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/etch_d-i/beta1/i386/iso-
>cd/

This is VERY old as Beta 2 was released in March, so that would be the
more logical alternative...

> which is a little bit old (November 5, 2005) or rather
>
> http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/etch_d-i/current/i386/is
>o-cd/
>
> which might be broken (in the past I had some problems with
> Sarge-daily builds - this might have changed).

We are currently preparing the Beta 3 release which means that the daily
builds are relatively stable. However, you should never use the etch_d-i
images but rather the daily images (daily is currently a symlink to
sid_d-i). etch_d-i is very likely to be broken whenever we do not have
the "daily" symlink pointing at it.

Currently, any of the image available from [1] should be usable, except
from the weekly snapshots.

Cheers,
FJP

[1] http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/