Re: OldWorld Mac-specific problems; perhaps drop?

On Jul 13, 2006, at 3:34 AM, Daniel Dickinson wrote:

Yes, I have filed bug report #375035.  The kernel panics claiming that
it can't find the root device, but the evidence is that it doesn't
even *try* to use the initramfs before it does this.  (no freeing
memory message, for instance).

As I said, my production bootloader is BootX (for reasons that aren't worth going into here) so this may not be appropriate for you:

I "solved" this problem by telling BootX, in it's "additional kernel arguments" dialog box, that "root=/dev/hde10" (Obviously you will have to use the appropriate device designation for your machine.

Rick