Re: OldWorld Mac-specific problems; perhaps drop?

For what it's worth, I just succeeded in installing Etch using the July 10th daily "businesscard" image on my Beige G3 (OldWorld PowerMac) test machine. I started with the July 11th miBoot floppys from Wouter. I skipped the quik installation step because I need to use BootX as my eventual production bootloader.

It wasn't a trivial exercise. I encountered and overcame several bits of buggy behavior. I will be describing the process and submitting bug reports on these problems in good time.

Enjoy!

Rick