Out of Range Signal Display error during boot-up.

I'm newbie to Debian/Linux, just completed an installation and wanted to share this catches.

The machine is Dell Dimension 5150 with Pentium 4 with 1 GB memory , Intel 82945G graphics chipset and Dell 2007 Flat Panel display.
Windows XP home Edition is also installed.
The Sarge 3.1 R2 version couldn'r detect the Hard Disk and had to discard the installation. Looks like, The Debain Installer Wiki already mentions this
issue pointing to lack of detection support of Serial ATA (SATA) controlled HD in Sarge.

Thet Etch version of debain_installer detected the HD and all other hardware. Xorg display manager ran into problem during booting with this error :
Out of Range signal. please set display setting  to 1600X1200 @60 HZ and so on.

I did Google on this but after spending a lot of time, I saw only instance of same problem and followed the same:

Since the screen was black with above message, I stopped the Xserver/Disaply manger with pressing <CTRL><ALT> Backspace couple of time to put the displat in textual mode.
Modified the /etc/X11/xorg.conf as user root to add the following line in Section monitor: (please checkout the file)

Modeline "1600x1200" 160.96 1600 1704 1880 2160 1200 1201 1204 1242 -HSync +Vsync

Rebooted the machine with shutdown -r now.

It worked.

---Vishwajit.