Re: debian-cd and mips/arm

On Tue, Jul 04, 2006 at 12:38:52AM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:

>Hmmm. Things are more awkward than I expected on the debian-cd end;
>the base list of udebs to be installed onto the CDs is generated from
>the d-i Packages.gz files in the main archive. Once the archive is
>updated to not mention the 2.4 bits, then debian-cd will automatically
>drop them. Making that change separately will be messy. This is for
>the installer bits themselves, in tools/generate_di_list.
>
>The list of normal .debs that land on CD#1 ready for installation onto
>the target system is generated by tools/generate_di_+k_list. I _can_
>remove 2.4.x bits from that list easily, and I will.

Apart from the fact that mips/mipsel have no 2.6 images in etch, so
doing this right now will cause no kernels to be installed on the CDs
for the weekly/daily etch builds. I'll have to add conditionals into
the generation code to only add 2.4 stuff if no 2.6 kernel images have
been found, I guess. Thoughts?

"Because heaters aren't purple!" -- Catherine Pitt