Etch d-i beta2 : bug for lvm on raid ?

I'm trying to install Etch with d-i beta2 on a box with 2-SATA disks,
with software raid (md) and lvm, but I think I found a bug in d-i :-(

The config I'm trying to acheive (/boot and / not on lvm to avoid problems)

	/dev/md0 (/dev/sd[ab]3) for /boot
	/dev/md1 (/dev/sd[ab]6) for /
	/dev/md2 (/dev/sd[ab]7) for lvm (/usr, /home etc)

Configuring md seems to work, but syncing is slow: /dev/md2 is about 200Go.
(is there a way to avoid the resync, as it was already done previously btw?)

The real problem is the lvm part. If I set /dev/md2 as physical volume for lvm,
problems begin. d-i really wants to update the partitions on volume "/dev/md2",
as if it was a disk, before configuring lvm. If I accept, I receive an error like
this "errors informing kernel about modifs to partition /dev/md/2p1, invalid arg"
This looks like a bug to me : md2 is not a disk, and it has no partitions.
What's wrong ?

>From that point, "cat /proc/mdstat" seems to freeze. d-i tries to ext3-format
the /boot partition, but seems to freeze.

Is it a known bug ? I'm using beta2, but tested with 2005-05-28 daily build,
without success (to avoid the "tr" bug of 17 May listed on DebianInstaller/Today)

Are there work-arounds using CLI ? Perhaps I can create lvms by hand,
and later convince d-i to use them as /usr, /var etc ?

Ch.