Re: partman-crypto: dm-crypt status update

On Sun, May 14, 2006 at 11:42:46PM +0200, David Härdeman wrote:
> On Sun, May 14, 2006 at 11:15:00PM +0200, Jesus Climent wrote:
> >
> >I am testing it over here in Mexico and seems to work mostly fine
> >(although I
> >have not been able to complete a single installation for other reasons).
> >
> >There seems to be a bug somewhere, because sometimes it finds the lvm
> >crypto
> >partition and sometimes it fails...
>
> Hmm...lvm-on-crypto and crypto-on-lvm is currently untested. It's on my
> todo list now that the basic (i.e. crypto on a device like /dev/sda2)
> functionality works.

Testing with qemu, report follows:

qemu-img create disk.img 2G
wget http://nusquama.org/~max/d-i/crypto/2006-05-14/netboot/mini.iso
qemu -hda disk.img -cdrom mini.iso -boot d

separating the partitions as 32M, 1G and the rest lead several times to the
error in http://www.pumuki.org/~data/di/snapshot1.png with the LVM partition
not being defined.

separating the partitions as 32M, 1.1G and the rest lead to a proper
installation.

after reboot, I got an error as shown under
http://www.pumuki.org/~data/di/snapshot2.png

I will take a look at that part (looks like cryptsetup fails) and see if I can
help.

> >No idea, but I guess you know that one has to delete the dm accessing the
> >partition before umounting it, right?
>
> Um, not sure what you mean. If /dev/sda2 is setup via dm-crypt as
> /dev/mapper/crypt0 which is in turn mounted as /...then the teardown
> order should be first to unmount / and then to remove the crypt0
> mapping. Since unmounting / wouldn't work very well, I'd expect it to be
> remounted ro, but it doesn't seem to work...ext2fsck complains on the
> first boot...

Exactly what i meant, but i seem to have some problems describing what my mind
thinks.

--
Jesus Climent                  info:www.pumuki.org dj:triplestereo.com
Unix SysAdm|Linux User #66350|Debian Developer|2.6.16|Helsinki Finland

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
		--Darth Vader (Star Wars)