ppp-udeb aka PPPoE in d-i: patch for intergration in d-i

Hello all,

<update> The patch is not ready yet because there are some things I
have to fix. </update>

I have taken the time look over the ppp-udeb and I tried to test it to
see what happens on a practical case. I saw that the postinst failed
and realised the templates were not emebdded in the udeb.

So I fixed that and another issue with the postinst using echo for
error reporting. For that error I added a template, but I would like a
review on the wording before saying the patch is ready. Also a review
on the changes made within the postinst is welcome.

<update>
I have tested the patched udeb by installing it in the d-i environment
by running on tty2 "udpkg -i ppp-udeb_..." but I found out that the
display is screwed and no item appeared in the d-i menu. Also there
are some issues with display/debconf interaction because at every
keystroke there is a short message (sorry can't remember exactly what
it said, but it contains the pid of some process) which looks like
some debugging debris (yesterday I was so tired I couldn't focus -
Davide knows).

What I want to fix before saying he patch is ready is to:
- add automatic detection of concentrators and then fall back to user
input in case (with a progress bar)
- make the messages display correctly
- review the wording of the messages
- make the package have its own entry in the main menu (or maybe link
to the network configuration if dhcp fails)
</update>

Any help on any of the points above is appreciated (I have a rough
idea about how autodetection of concentrators should happen).

--
Regards,
EddyP