Re: busybox update - test results

On Sunday 16 April 2006 19:57, Bastian Blank wrote:
> I intend to do a busybox upgrade in the next days. As there was a lot
> of changes, the complete config needs to be rechecked if it includes
> anything which is necessary for d-i.

After building an i386 mini.iso with the new busybox, I ended up without
framebuffer modules loaded.

I've compared boot of install with BOOT_DEBUG=3.

At first debug shell, new busybox complains:
   sh: can't access tty; job control turned off

The old busybox did not have that error and I think it's the root of the
problem as missing framebuffer can be traced to:
   /lib/debian-installer-startup.d/S35term
which calls
   /lib/debian-installer/detect-console

The 'readlink /proc/self/fd/0' with the old busybox resulted
in /dev/vc/... while the new busybox this probably returns /dev/console.

Installing the base system failed at "Creating device files" when trying
to mount /target/proc with "Device or resource busy" (I was installing
using LVM).
This either means that /target/proc was somehow not unmounted or that the
behavior of mount has changed in that it now throws an error if a
mountpoint is already in use.
Hmm. Trying to double mount /proc manually from shell results in error
code 1 in old busybox and 255 in new, but an error in both cases...
Probably needs further investigation.