Re: note on "2.4 is deprecated"

* Joey Hess:

>  - Debian's userland has *always* supported at least the previous major
>    kernel version, and most often the previous two, or sometimes I
>    think, three major kernel versions.

This isn't a real argument, IMHO, because upstream no longer releases
major kernel versions.

OTOH, dropping support for 2.4 kernels at this stage feels wrong.
(Even though I'd rather do it ASAP so that we can compile Berkeley DB
with POSIX threading. 8-) It might make sense to declare etch the
latest release which supports 2.4, though.