Partman and Multiple Disks

Hello gurus,

I want to make sure that I understand before I start screwing around with things too much:

1) With the Sarge installer, it is currently not possible to preseed partman recipes for multiple disks, right? You can preseed partitioning for a single disk, but if you have a second disk you're out of luck. ...Right?

2) Has this changed with etch?

I filed a wishlist bug 301426 (or duplicate 301435) but to the best of my knowledge nothing ever became of it, so I figured this is just a low priority wish for most people.

Anyway, if etch's partman-auto still can't handle multiple disks, then I'm just crazy enough to take a stab at it. I've got the source tree, I've got a printout of "Partition Management for the Debian Installer", and I've still got a few brain cells left that haven't burned out...

Michael Peek