Re: x86, linux26 not detecting RAID controller (but 2.4 kernel does)

On Friday 17 March 2006 18:57, John M. Gabriele wrote:
> After I enter the D-I, I can go to another virtual console,
> but I don't seem to have the 'lspci' command available. How
> else can I find this ID you're asking about?

I would still recommend trying a Beta2 CD:
- it may help determine if your problem is the result of missing driver
  support in 2.6.8 that was solved in later kernels
- it has lspci :-)

Do you know what driver is needed (which driver does the 2.4 kernel use)?
Can you load that driver manually by switching to VT2 and modprobing it?