Re: r34803 - trunk/packages/preseed/debian

On Thursday 09 February 2006 17:10, Geert Stappers wrote:
> -if ! db_get preseed/url || [ -z "$RET" ] ; then
> +db_get preseed/url || true
> +if [ -z "$RET" ]; then
>  	set_preseed_url
>  fi

Please explain why this change was made. Your commit message does not give
any clue, except maybe for vague aesthetic reasons?

Why is the old code better? Because $RET will contain an error message in
some cases if db_get returns non-zero. The new code fails to check the
return code of the db_get command.
So you are now possibly setting your URL with random values.

I'm not happy at all with your recent commits. I'm still not sure if the
concept behind the "run second time" commit for netcfg isn't so ugly that
it should be reverted (as I've said before when you first proposed the
solution). Also, Colin needed to fix several errors in that commit.

The initial commit for preseed was full of errors as well.