Re: setting preseed/url in network-preseed

On Friday 03 February 2006 22:12, Geert Stappers wrote:
>    Any objections to upload it, so it gets into beta2?

Yes. It is too late for Beta2 and IMO also needs serious review.

I'd appreciate comments by others. Joey?
On first glance the patch looks like it may break normal preseeding of
preseed/url.

Also, the coding style of the patch is completely inconsistent with the
coding style of the rest of d-i and even the file in which the patch was
made:
- please use tabs to indent;
- Please keep "then" on the same line as "if":
  if [ -r ${LEASE} ]; then

I think you should quote at least ${FN##*://*} in the -z test. I also
wonder why the 2nd if is not nested inside the first one.

The line LEASE="notfound" is not needed if you'd just use:
   if [ -r "${LEASE}" ]; then

Cheers,
FJP
(with his D-I Release Manager hat on)