Re: [partman] How to keep data in existing partitions

|--==> Holger Levsen writes:

  HL> Hi,
  HL> On Monday 09 January 2006 02:16, Free Ekanayaka wrote:
  >>I'd like to instruct partman to create and  format a new partition for
  >>/home  when  none  is  available,  but  use  the existing   one   if a
  >>file-system is found.

  HL> 1.: You'll need to supply them shell-"magic" to load either a
  HL> preseeding-sniplet with "keep" or "format", depending if /home is available.

Ok, by reading  through the partman manual  I figure out  more or less
how  the  system work, and   how  could  I  use  the  commands of  the
parted_server to  write a shell script  to decide whether to format or
keep the data.

But   still  I don't understand exactly   where  should I  install the
script. I've seen that  partman-auto  installs items in various   menu
directories. According to the manual the first one to bu run should be
the one in the choose_partition directory:

/lib/partman/choose_partition/45auto/

So I guess that dropping my script in:

/lib/partman/choose_partition/40my_magic/

would do the job.. is it?

Cheers,

Free