Re: Idea for changing the text and possibly colours of graphical d-i

On Monday 05 December 2005 00:06, Attilio Fiandrotti wrote:
> I would prefer something that doesn't tie the GTK frontend so strictly
> to the framebuffer.

Wouldn't that be possible by using a function that has two variants: one
for X and one for FB. I think it should be possible to select the correct
function at compile time depending on if you're building against DirectFB
or X.

> > No, let's not bother the user with that.
>
> i was meaning something that is setup at boot time automatically basing
> on FB parameters: can this be done?

I guess it could be done in the rootskel-gtk, but I have no idea of the
code involved.

BTW, if there are any changes you'd like to see in rootskel-gtk, please
don't hesitate to ask.