Re: Changing the kernel to be installed.

Pedro M (Morphix User) wrote:
> :-( I agree. Modularity is important  when there is an error.

Idempotency is more important, and base-installer is currently
idempotent for most errors through kernel installation, so it can just
be restarted and all you lose is some time for it to run again.

I don't see any good reason to split base installation into
a debootstrap part and a kernel part, nor does that tell what should be
done with the other parts of base installation that fall into neither
category.

--
see shy jo