Strange troubles with installer

Hello.

Recently I received yet another server (2xOpteron, Adaptec ASC-29320A
U320 w/HostRaid, 4xSCSI). I have at least one absolutely the same server
and it was set up without any problems about 100 days ago; but I
expirienced problems with this one.

First, I tried sarge installer, but SCSI card was not detected. I tried
modprobe aic79xx (aic7xxx, aic7xxx_old) witout success. Nothing in
dmesg, no device files in /dev.

Second, I tried i386 sarge installer, but the kernel doesn't even
booted: it freezed after "calibrating delay loop". NumLock and CapsLock
keys doesn't worked.

Next I tried new "etch beta 1" installer. detecting hardware was
perfectly OK, according to dmesg; appropriate device files in /dev
appeared, but hard drive partitioning menu was empty -- I mean, no disk
drives. I switched to second console and tried fdisk...
~ # fdisk
fdisk: relocation error: fdisk: symbol bindtextdomain, version
GLIBC_2.2.5 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference

The same problem with daily builds 8(

i386 installer, however, works fine.

Can anybody explain me what's wrong and how can I fix the situation?

Thank a lot.

--
Best regards,
Alexander A. Vlasov.