Re: MEETING TODAY: D-I meeting Saturday Nov. 19th 16:00 UTC

Christian Perrier wrote:
Quoting Christian Perrier (bubulle@debian.org):

This is the last reminder for the D-I team monthly meeting which is
scheduled for "today" Saturday Nov. 19th 16:00UTC.

I added some timing to the meeting schedule. Planned duration:
1h15mins.

I added a few topics, mostly topics mentioned in the beta2 release
plans.

Hi

I think i won't be able to attend at the IRC meeting, so i would like to let you know that this week Mike Emmel found some time to work on bugs #339379 and #339352: the first one is related to the GDKDFB library itself, while the second seems to be related to DFB's input handling system. Mike is also getting inetrested in the graphical debian-installer project and after instaling debian onto his laptop he's now doing some testing with cdebconf and the GTK frontend. After he finishes merging DFB backend to Cairo into Cairo mainline he'll hopefully have time to work on the debugging of GDKDFB. Merging the g-i into regular ISO images could be very useful for future GDKDFB developement: a past call for help on gtk-devel list to help developing GDKDFB didn't gave the expected results. Mike said the GDKDFB project needs at least two more maintainers since he cannot do all the work: after the debian graphical installer is announced we'll hopefully find somone interested in spending some time to clean the code. I'm also reporting known bugs in the graphical frontend/GTKDFB against cdebconf-gtk-udeb package to be able to easily collect them togheter later.

Attilio