Re: Failed making boot-CD with aic79xx driver :(

Frans Pop 写道:

>On Tuesday 08 November 2005 02:24, Zachary Wu wrote:
>

>>Then I got an aic79xx.ko. modinfo aic79xx.ko,it said it's from Adaptec
>>and with BSD Licence.
>>

>You cannot just copy a module from a random source and expect it to work
>with any kernel. You need to compile the module yourself using the kernel
>headers of the kernel you want to use it with.

I just make the ko under 2.6.8 source tree, it's same to the ISO's
kernel. it's not a "random" source.
I think u do not clearly know what I had said.
I download the driver source and build it under 2.6.8 source tree, got a
aic79xx.ko, put it into ISO, then "Invalid kernel format"