Re: gtk d-i miniiso rebuilt

Sven Luther wrote:
On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 11:51:56AM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:

On Monday 07 November 2005 08:42, Sven Luther wrote:

There is a last problem i found. I tried switching to console 2, to
investigate some stuff, which was possible with ctr+alt+F2 (why ctr, i
thought we where not running X, could the behavior be changed to the
normal alt+f2 ?), bt after a few second, the screen kinda flashed, and
was returned to the main console, with the graphical interface
continuing its work.

This is a known issue and only happens if you switch while the graphical frontend is busy. If you switch while the graphical frontend is waiting for input, the problem should not occur.

Indeed. Any hint on why it is happening though, or on a possible fix ?

When the screen "flashes and then becomes visible again" is because the GTK FE has just crashed :( I remeber this not happening some times ago when experimenting with GTKX debian-installer.
I suppose this is related to GTKDFB so i'll ask Mike Emmel for hints.

ciao

Attilio