Re: Cannot preseed a locked password

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 04:07:01PM +0000, Paul Millar wrote:
> +			if ! test "$RET" ; then
>  			    db_input critical passwd/user-password || true
>  			    COMPARE_PW=''
>  			    db_input critical passwd/user-password-again \

a stupid question, but why is the password specified twice? I know that
this is important for interactive input to avoid typos in active
passwords. Isn't it a good idea to drop passwd/user-password-again
and to replace it with passwd/user-password? It's all the time visible
in the preseeding file ...

Jens