Re: FW: [directfb-dev] Gtk 2.8.3 Directfb backend in CVS

Davide Viti wrote:
Hi,

And we also need to make some experiments to know if this library work as it 's supposed to do with the debian-installer: Davide could you update your scripts at http://wiki.debian.net/?DebianInstallerGUIBuild that pull sources from cvs and compile them to use GTK 2.8.3 ?

here's the set of changes I made (i'll add them to the wiki page asap):

download the following version of the libs:

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@anoncvs.gnome.org:/cvs/gnome -z3 co -r GLIB_2_8_3 glib
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@anoncvs.gnome.org:/cvs/gnome -z3 co -r GTK_2_8_3 gtk+
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@anoncvs.gnome.org:/cvs/gnome -z3 co -r PANGO_1_10_1 pango

download this (was not in the wiki page before)
cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.cairographics.org:/cvs/cairo co -r RELEASE_1_0_2 cairo-1.0.2

Apply this patch to cairo-1.0.2:

cp cairodfb/cairo/cairo-directfb.patch .
patch -b -p0 < ./cairo-directfb.patch

Modyfy the script so that cairo-1.0.2 is in place of "cairodfb/libpixman
cairodfb/cairo"

davide, librries compile smooth using your script and almost any gtk app can be successfully compiled against them.

Haven't tested the libraries with the frontend: Attilio it's your time :)

ok, yesterday i've made some test with gtkdfb2.8.3 and the results tell us we'll have to stay with gtkdfb2.0.9 for a while since gtkdfb2.8.3 is still too prone to crash. Many sall apps that used to run smooth on gtk and gtkdfb2.0.9 lead to severe crashes with gtkdfb2.8.3. Also it was possible to compile & gun gtk.so correctly on an installed system using test scripts, but i was not able to make it work on the debian-installer using the testcase system. Now we must make the gtk.so work with GTKDFB2.0.9 udeb by Alastair: monday, on IRC, ths suggested the problems encountered could be related to library reduction: could this be an answer to crashes and hangs?

ciao

attilio