Can't find iMac network card (netinst) ?

Hello,

Apologies if this is not the right place for this.

I downloaded the current version of the PowerPC netinst and it booted
nicely and moved through most of the normal pre installation tasks, but
could not find the network card on the iMac. An older installer found
the network card correctly, but it had other problems, hence moving to
the current installer.

Is this a known issue ? If it is, how do I get around it ? Should I
lodge a bug ? What type of network card does an iMac use ?

Thanks and Regards
David