Re: Wanted: partitioner recipe calculator

On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 11:03:39AM +0200, W. Borgert wrote:

> when writing/changing recipe files for the d-i partitioner,
> it would be nice to see the effect of the recipe on different
> disk sizes without having to try it out.  Where can I find
> the algorithm (better: shell or Python code) to calculate the
> actual partion sizes w/o running d-i?

The algorithm is implemented as a shell script.  Look at
debian-installer/packages/partman/partman-auto/perform_recipe
if you want. I think it is not easy to read and understand this code.

However I have just described in
debian-installer/installer/doc/devel/partman-auto-recipe.txt
how partman-auto computes the partition sizes.

Anton Zinoviev