Re: A test case for the gtk frontend

On Saturday 30 April 2005 00:01, attilio wrote:
> you can download the test case i actually use to develop the gtk fe;
> here i'll try to explain how to use it.
> Shortly, you must launch the debian-installer and then add "on the
> fly" some files to the ramdisk filesystem to be able to continue the
> installation with the gtk fe.

I've been playing around with this a bit (booted d-i with the 2.6 kernel).

The first challenge was to get my USB mouse working.
I managed this by insmodding the evdev and psmouse modules. These are not
yet available as an udeb, so I suggest adding an "input-mouse" udeb for
kernel-wedge, at least for i386.

The second thing I noticed is that if I execute dfb-test twice, my laptop
freezes completely after I click the "hello world" button.

The graphical d-i interface started without problems. Great job!

Some things to watch out for:
- the installer really must be on the main menu on VT1;
- the screen is not restored when you switch back to the graphical
  installer after switching to another (text) terminal.

Unfortunately for some reason I wasn't able to get past hardware
detection.

There are a lot of things that need to be polished, but that is only to be
expected at this stage and it's very nice to be able to play around with
this!

Cheers,
FJP